Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
3,641 Posts

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I sat in an Ioniq Hybrid at our local Hyundai dealership.
Yes, it does look uncanningly like a second gen Insight, to the point that I wonder whether the rear doors are interchangeable.
If I bought a red one most people I know wouldn't even realize I had another car.

There are enough differences in the details though, and the engine and electronics are superior to the Insights except for pollution stats.
It does look reasonably well built too.

The Ioniq EV is in a class of its own, having a relatively small battery pack and yet an acceptable range due to low drag and weight. I would like that one very much.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes, ive seen the new reviews/surveys however those few people ive come across who have a korean seem to have chosen the cars out of cost and that 10yr/100k warranty moreso than it being a car they really want ... i dont get the sense that there are kia and hyundai fanboys out there like a "ford head" or honda devotee ... fwiw

·
Registered
558 Posts
yes, ive seen the new reviews/surveys however those few people ive come across who have a korean seem to have chosen the cars out of cost and that 10yr/100k warranty moreso than it being a car they really want ... i dont get the sense that there are kia and hyundai fanboys out there like a "ford head" or honda devotee ... fwiw
Which is strange because most kias aren't all that cheap. (Price wise)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts