Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Re: the Inisght is Back!

trancekat said:
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/04/paris-preview-officially-official-hondas-new-hybrid-is-the-in/
I find this unfortunate. I fully understand the desire to bring back the Insight. However, IMHO, the upcoming CRZ Hybrid should be called the Insight. After all, the CRZ is a two seater like our Insights and it looks like a next-generation Insight. Calling the new four seater hybrid the Insight would be like Ford making a new sedan and calling it the F-150. Oh well, I'll get over it.

-Bryan

·
Registered
566 Posts

Does Honda maybe need to hire some creative people to name their new cars? If the "Insight" gets around 70MPG like the original, maybe I could see it. They could promote it as the Insight's big brother. Does anyone know what the claimed MPG is for the "Insight"?

·
Registered
52 Posts

The CRZ will be a four seater.
At least the concept is a four seater.

I have to admit this car lacks the innovation of the original Insight.
Only thing I care about is if they will bring back a manual trans option.

·
Premium Member
883 Posts

Dezoris said:
The CRZ will be a four seater.
At least the concept is a four seater.
Thanks for the clarification. Perhaps I should have said a two-door instead of two-seater. The CR-Z still looks more like the Insight's descendent than the global small hybrid. And I fully agree with you on the manual transmission.

-Bryan

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
I for one am looking forward to the CRZ which from memory is more of a 2+2.

·
Registered
99 Posts
This is really good news.

I only hope that they do live up to the Insight name. The Insight is in a league all its own, only shared by cars like the EV1 and the Tesla Roadster. And even within this category the Insight stands out the most because it was relatively cheap and relatively widely available.

I expect the car to be awesome. 8)

·
Registered
232 Posts

bryankwalton said:
trancekat said:
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/09/04/paris-preview-officially-official-hondas-new-hybrid-is-the-in/
I find this unfortunate. I fully understand the desire to bring back the Insight. However, IMHO, the upcoming CRZ Hybrid should be called the Insight. After all, the CRZ is a two seater like our Insights and it looks like a next-generation Insight. Calling the new four seater hybrid the Insight would be like Ford making a new sedan and calling it the F-150. Oh well, I'll get over it.

-Bryan
Actually, Ford did this in the 1950's. They introduced a sleek two-seater that they built for three years 55, 56 and 57. Seeking greater sales volume in 58 they re-introduced the car as a four-seater. :( It was called the Thunderbird.

The two-seater became a classsic!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts