Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car hit a slick spot this morning and took out a mailbox. The car decided to dip the right side into and then out of the ditch. Never stopped driving though.
I'm in Dalton Georgia and I guess the car or parts are for sale.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
  • I bought the car in spring of last year running but with IMA light on. Found a Factory replacement IMA battery from a 2012 warranty job that was in a hybrid civic 1st Generation. Swapped every cell into this Honda. Was supposed to sell but became our daily driver until this morning. Love this car but. 12,000 miles drove since IMA fixed including 2 trips to Biloxi and 1 to Phoenix.

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
Kinda needs some bodywork for the windshield to be legal to drive.
Yeah, that is a little harder. Don't know whether you do your own work or not. If you are half way comfortable with tools, you can probably fix the windshield frame. That looks like a perfect Porta Power job. (A mobile hydraulic tool with various extensions and end fixtures) Having used one, I'd say a 2x6 cut to length to fit snugly across the width of the passenger foot well, the hydraulic jack with some extension and well chosen end pieces, and jack that baby right out. If you have any friends who race a dirt track car, or have access, they can probably loan you one. I also think you can buy the kit at Harbor Freight for around a hunerd(southern).

I have a silver mirror.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Ha! Jim, I’ve never seen “hunerd” spelled out, but I sure have heard it a lot!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Yeah, that is a little harder. Don't know whether you do your own work or not. If you are half way comfortable with tools, you can probably fix the windshield frame. That looks like a perfect Porta Power job. (A mobile hydraulic tool with various extensions and end fixtures) Having used one, I'd say a 2x6 cut to length to fit snugly across the width of the passenger foot well, the hydraulic jack with some extension and well chosen end pieces, and jack that baby right out. If you have any friends who race a dirt track car, or have access, they can probably loan you one. I also think you can buy the kit at Harbor Freight for around a hunerd(southern).

I have a silver mirror.
Are windsheilds still available for these cars?

If you take the glass out I bet a body shop would straighten the roof pretty cheaply. There are lots of aluminum vehicles on the road today. They are learning how to work with Alu pretty well.

The other stuff is easy. The bumper, fender, headlight, and mirrors all come off real quick.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts