Two months ago my son was minding his own business at a stop light. Light turned green, he let the clutch out and all of a sudden he experienced a huge burst of acceleration, unlike anything an Insight would do. The driver behind him just hit the gas a little too energetically. Other driver was apologetic and made notified his insurance company quickly, making it easier for Russ. It was interesting talking the other guy's insurance adjuster into giving us less money than he initially offered. They wanted to give it a rebuildable / salvage title. After discussing it a while, I simply told him that was not acceptable for us, as a salvage title is, well, a salvage title. They ended up coming down two hundred bucks and left the title alone. The rear little glass got shattered, bumper cover was destroyed, the main aluminum back panel that goes from side to side was bent in about one and a half inches at one place. Hatch was tweaked and jammed shut. Amazingly, the aluminum bumper was pretty much unscathed and the taillights were ok (one bulb did not work any more). Created a tool to jack the panel back out using a 49" long bar that fit into the ventilation holes inside, put two 11.5" long 2 x 8s in the wheelwell and used a lot of different 2 x 4s as spacers to place the jack optimally. Took most of one day to get it pushed back out, as I am definitely not a body man and took a lot of time and measurements. Main panel was not pretty when I finished but I made sure all the critical points were back in spec using a reference car. To make my son feel better I used air craft rivets to reinforce four broken spot welds. Got it almost finished today! All that remains is to adapt a shark fin antenna we had on another Insight.