Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Things I would like to do....need suggestions

Here are some things that I would like to do with my 01 MT.

Forced Auto Stop....whenever I want

Control Assist...use more when I have a good charge

Eliminate Assist....when I want to save charge

In order to do these things do I need MIMA or are there other option?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
9,763 Posts
The other option is the CARD/CALPOD switch.
Of course your foot is still the main controller.

Willie

·
Premium Member
784 Posts
Now there is a 2nd option - The Mini BCM Intercepter, (MBI as I call it). Peter has just added comments on how to put a switch in it so that it wll disable assist/regen at will. Even on later cars and CVT's when the clutch switch won't. And it will act as a MIMA in the sense that you can turn Regen and Assist on and off as needed.

One short click <1s on assist button disables assist and another goes back to normal mode.
One short click <1s on regen button disables regen and another goes back to normal mode.

One medium click on regen button >1s <4s enables background regen and vice versa.

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/modifications-technical-issues/22888-mini-bcm-interceptor-2.html

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now there is a 2nd option - The Mini BCM Intercepter, (MBI as I call it). Peter has just added comments on how to put a switch in it so that it wll disable assist/regen at will. Even on later cars and CVT's when the clutch switch won't. And it will act as a MIMA in the sense that you can turn Regen and Assist on and off as needed.

One short click <1s on assist button disables assist and another goes back to normal mode.
One short click <1s on regen button disables regen and another goes back to normal mode.

One medium click on regen button >1s <4s enables background regen and vice versa.

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/modifications-technical-issues/22888-mini-bcm-interceptor-2.html

This sounds very interesting, thanks for the link. I will check this out.

Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts