Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my insight for a few weeks now and I am enjoying it. I was on my way back from Eastern, KY today and there was a lady who had blown out a tire on the side of the road.

Being a Constable (law enforcment official) in my county, i decided to stop and help her.

She did not have the proper tools to take the tire off, so I began digging for my tools in the insight.

In the process I found a six disc CD changer! I didn't even know it was there. ahahahh What fun!!!

OH and I got the lady back on her way too.

I also thing someone has changed out my two front speakers as they don't sound all that bad!

JJ

·
Registered
303 Posts
What a great surprise from your car! Back in high school we found a cigarette lighter Dust Buster around the spare of my '82 Prelude. Must be a Honda thing.

After I finish my coffee I'm going out to the garage to tear apart to look under the cargo mat. :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rewards

I am a believer that if you help others you will get a reward at some point down the road.

So maybe I just happened to get my reward quicker last night. I would have never found that CD changer until i myself would have had a flat.

The location of the changer is in the right corner of the vehicle after you open the carpet/backing to get down into the wheel well.

It says its a kenwood 6 disc cdr-cdrw player. I put some discs in it last night and it played them. I like it.

At least now I have something to listen to besides bluegrass and country when in Eastern, Ky.

JJ

·
Registered
408 Posts
Right corner? I thought the Honda changer was in the left corner right next to the cargo bay. That's where I put my 12 disc JVC with the instructions for the Honda one.

·
Premium Member
891 Posts
Great story. Like finding $100 in the pocket of a seldom-worn jacket. I'm surprised the previous owner didn't mention it.

kapps is right about the OEM CD changer position, but there is also a lot of space on the right. Downside to installing on the right is it occupies potential shoebox subwoofer space :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts