Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had intermittent IMA problems, which I thought I resolved by replacing the ground cables (all four of them). I drove the car for about 100 miles after this and everything seemed to be perfect. Then I noticed the assist not working while on the highway, but it still worked at slower speeds in 2nd and 3rd gears. Then that stopped working and the IMA light went on. I have been driving the car without the IMA for about a week. The charge indicator showed a fully charged battery until today. Is there a potential quick fix or do you think it's time for a new battery? Records indicate the battery was replaced at 120,000 miles; currently the car has 242,000.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I need to let you know what happened. As I was researching how to use the RB Battery recharger, someone suggested resetting the computer by pulling out one of the fuses under the hood for about a minute. That worked! For over a month, the IMA light is out and the battery is charging and assisting as it should. People should try this before anything else.

· Super Moderator
1,205 Posts
Did you ever find out what codes you had that made the IMA light come on?

Pulling the fuse will reset the computers and cause a re-learn event to happen. However, this is not a "fix." Without finding out, and at least attempting to address the underlying issue, you are, at best, kicking the can down the road for a bit.

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree, I kicked the can down the road. But after six weeks it still works. If and when the code comes back on, I will do a deep recharge on the battery. I don't have a way to read the codes on the computer and I believe the local hybrid repair man saw dollar signs. He wants to replace the battery, which I refuse to do at this point in the life of the car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts