Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My tire recently blew, and bad enough to the point that its not able to be fixed at all. So I was wondering what the price of a new tire is. And also if there are other tires that can be used (atleast temporarily), if the price of the normal tire is too much.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
OEM tire is the Bridgestone Potenza RE92 165/65/14. They will run you about $48 plus shipping a piece from tirerack.com. If you go to a tire place they will probably have to special order it. The other tire I have been personally considering is a 175/65/14 Goodyear Integrity, it is LRR, but not so much at the Potenza's, it would cost you some mileage, and if you were to try it you should probably get at least two of em put on. These you can find a lot more easily. Good luck.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Rick said:
...and if you were to try it you should probably get at least two of em put on...
Make that: "2 or 4" just for clarification.. And it should be both fronts, both rears, or all 4. :)

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Thankyou... I had just woken up when I typed that, my mind wasn't fully going yet. The tires on my car are starting to look weather cracked after just 26,000 miles. I'm thinking I might replace them soon as a preventative measure. After driving a new prius with the Integrity tires on it I'm debating if it would be worth it or not. I might try the rears first and see how I like them.

·
Registered
700 Posts
I just put on a set of the Potenza 950's 8) . and in 185/60 size.

Have had them on for 3 days now. MPG took a big hit at first, and I have been increasing the psi to see the effect. Up to 50 now, and will leave it there for a while to see how it goes.

I will accept a reasonable decline in mpg in exchange for quiet, and better performance, esp in the wet....to a point. Maybe 5-10%. If more than that, I may have to go back to the OEM's :roll:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts