Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just noticed the front tires of my insight are badly worn, the were installed by the dealer when I bought the car about 18 months ago and I have put almost 50000 on them. I really do not want to replace them with the OEM dunlaps as they are expensive and do not wear well. I saw a major tire store with the Bridgestone ecopica 422 plus on sale and with an adititional $70 rebate.
Has anybody used the Bridgestone and was you happy with them?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just noticed the front tires of my insight are badly worn, the were installed by the dealer when I bought the car about 18 months ago and I have put almost 50000 on them. I really do not want to replace them with the OEM dunlaps as they are expensive and do not wear well. I saw a major tire store with the Bridgestone ecopica 422 plus on sale and with an adititional $70 rebate.
Has anybody used the Bridgestone and was you happy with them?
I'm sure that's the tire came with my 14. I have only put less then 200 miles on it..but I'm surprise by it...not noisy, grip is alright.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I'd read previous tire threads here at InsightCentral:

Honda Insight Forum 2nd-Gen Discussion - Insight Central: Honda Insight Forum

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/troubleshooting-problems/26054-new-tires-gen-2-insight.html

The second thread has a link in it to the original "replacement tires" thread.

Keep in mind that starting in 2012 the tire size changed but the rims did not. Sometimes a tire salesman does not want to put the "wrong" size tire. (covering their asses) The solution is to just tell them it's a 2012 if you want the larger size.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got the Bridgestone Ecopia 422 plus installed yesterday. They are a 70000 mile tire, the were $74 each but have a $70 rebate for a set of 4. So far them seem good, they are round and roll.

·
Registered
831 Posts
The original equipment Ecopia tires have been a good tire so far. I'm just coming up on 5,000 miles on them, but must say they are fairly quiet and allow impressive MPG numbers. I keep mine at 39-40 front and 37-38 or so out back. Just rotated them and they have shown little wear. Good choice.

·
Registered
2012 Insight Base
36 Posts
I see this post is old but posted on 4/24 , are you 420 friendly ? I came to the insight from a lifetime of HP cars and the most I ever got on a set of tires was maybe 30K on my MINI cooper S .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts