Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to Costco today for new tires - they said there is a 5 week wait!!!! Apparently bridgestone manufactures them in europe and all domestic warehouses are out of stock.

anybody else hearing this???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
303 Posts
Well, just on the other threads, and it makes me uneasy.

What is the useable lifespan of the stock Insight tires, anyway? Assuming normal highway driving and bombing around town.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,448 Posts
Your best bet is to just put your order in and wait. That way you help the demand side of things. Our tires are made in Japan so I'm sure there's probably a container of them on their way. They do try to keep them stocked at the warehouse in Phoenix (Firestons has one here luckily), but often times are out. I got lucky with mine, they had them in stock. Also, you'll probably wait less than 5 weeks. When I ordered mine the web site said 5 to 7 days and they called me the next saying they were in.

Also, the Costco at Arrowhead and the one in North Scottsdale both have the touchless mounting machines. The Scottsdale one even has nitrogen if you request it (they do tires for the Ferrari dealerships, Ferrari's specify nitrogen fill for the tires).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
700 Posts
Rick said:
....The Scottsdale one even has nitrogen if you request it (they do tires for the Ferrari dealerships, Ferrari's specify nitrogen fill for the tires).
Well, I get the special 80/20 Nitrox blend at my maintenance shop.:p

(my compressor in my garage)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,448 Posts
Holicow said:
Well, I get the special 80/20 Nitrox blend at my maintenance shop.:p

(my compressor in my garage)

Lol, thats funny because I know what nitrox is. Actually though Nitrogen has it's benefits, no oxygen to oxidize the inner surface of the wheel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Tires available at TireRack

I just checked: TireRack has the OE tires in stock, $49 each. http://www.tirerack.com.

Be forwarned: the tires are shipped to the installer of your choice from their approved list, so installation will be extra. That said, I have had excellent service from TireRack over the last few years.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,240 Posts
Re: Tires available at TireRack

dogturd21 said:
Be forwarned: the tires are shipped to the installer of your choice from their approved list
Since when? I've always gotten my tires from them shipped directly to my door.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8 Posts
Shipping tires?

You get your tires shipped to your home? Unless you install them yourself, this seems like extra work. TireRack will send them directly to your installer, saving you the hassle of bringing them yourself. This is certainly handy when you are dealing with very large truck tires. Also, most shippers give a discount if the shipment goes to a business vs. a private home.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Hi Warcloud:

___I just had a left rear replaced because of screw in the sidewall which caused a slow leak and was unfortunately un-repairable :( With that, my local Firestone/Bridgestone dealer had the RE92 in their possession in 3 days. She is back on the road as of tonight …

___In terms of longevity, after 35,000 miles, I was down just 2 – 3/32nds so with high pressures (50 – 60 #’s), they should easily last beyond 100,000 +.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:1s3ow0id][email protected][/email:1s3ow0id]

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,240 Posts
Re: Shipping tires?

dogturd21 said:
You get your tires shipped to your home? Unless you install them yourself, this seems like extra work. TireRack will send them directly to your installer, saving you the hassle of bringing them yourself. This is certainly handy when you are dealing with very large truck tires. Also, most shippers give a discount if the shipment goes to a business vs. a private home.
I understand this but, you stated that we should be forewarned the tires have to be shipped to an installer. This simply isn't true. It makes sense to ship them to your home if you don't need them installed right away and can find a less expensive installer later. I haven't seen anything on tireracks site indicating we can get a discount to ship to a business over a home shipment.
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top