Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is what I have. I have had my 2000 MT Insight for just over a week, 133K miles. Average mileage (90% highway, 175 miles/day) is 58mpg. The car had a new set of Michelins on it. I have found 2 lightly used (80%+ tread remaining) RE92's. I am guessing to put them on the FRONT for best mileage? I am still looking for a couple more used ones, but money is tight. I am REALLY hoping this will get me better mileage (I am running 45 PSI). Anything else to look at? Oh, the IMA is on- I am waiting for grid charger.

·
Lean Burn = Happiness
2,155 Posts
Put them on the front and run all four tires at 55 PSI cold. I ran 55PSI for the first few months then just last week increased to 80 PSI cold. I did notice a slight improvement in MPGs - and the ride is a lot stiffer.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Code?

Anything else to look at? Oh, the IMA is on- I am waiting for grid charger.
What code are you showing for the IMA? Have you tried the Neg 12VDC battery reset method 4 or 5 times in a row? Might breath a little life back intot he battery until you get your grid charger.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I installed the grid charger YESTERDAY. Didnt have enough time to do a FULL charge, but did about 6 hours last nite. Drove to work today (75 miles) and NO IMA light, NO recals, LOTS of assist (unwanted, but there). Anxious to see if it also gets me home.

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Good to hear you got the charger going, now you can breathe some life back into your battery pack.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
3 Participants
gilbertguy
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing