Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody replaced their tires? If so, how much did it cost?

Thanks

Bill Harrell

·
Registered
200 Posts
I got my tires replaced in December and the price was $280 for four tires installed, including stems, balancing, and mounting. I got them at a local tire shop and got the same Bridgestone's as were coming off the car. They did have to order the tires but it only took three days from me placing the order to them being installed on the car.

·
Premium Member
498 Posts
recommendations

Does anybody have a recommendation for a summer tire (in the original size)? I decided on Nokian Hakkapeliittas for the winter, but didn't find a summer tire.

A true summer tire should giver better mpg than the M+S rated OEMs right?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Re: recommendations

Armin said:
A true summer tire should giver better mpg than the M+S rated OEMs right?
Armin, I'm not sure that a "summer" tire would give better mpg than the OEM tires. The reason that I would say that is that I would think a summer tire would likely have smaller sipes than a M+S or winter tire, putting more rubber on the road, increasing grip and likely also increasing rolling resistance. Certainly the summer tires would enhance handling performance, again mostly because of the increased tire on the road (more rubber touching the road within the same size contact patch, theoretically) but possibly also because they'd more likely have a grippier rubber compound as well.

Just a thought.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts