Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys, I've been a lurker for a while, and now i'm the proud owner of a 2000 insight with 42K on it. 5 Speed! I love her. Drove her home from Indianapolis to South Central Kentucky and achieved 63 miles per gallon. WOW.

I do have a question. The light sensor must not be working on the headlights becase when it gets dark it does not automatically turn those on.

I'm sure I'll have more questions soon. :)

Oh another question. Is the lifetime mile per gallon listed beside the mileage on the vehicle? If so mine was listed at 62.2 when i bought her.

JJ

G

·
0 Posts
Hi Kentuckyheavensent:

___No auto light sensor for the headlights and yes, the LMPG is right next to the odometer when that particular display is selected. With a 2000 5-speed, you only need to average 65 mpg to be deemed a Hypermiler so keep up the great work and you will be there sooner then you think!

___Welcome and Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes
___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.
___[email:3w1fhf0n][email protected][/email:3w1fhf0n]

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Other Display

Okay, wasn't for sure if that was the lifetime mpg or not. So what is the other display that as the small arrows that look like <-------> and then to the left of that a MPG readout and then to the right of that it looks like its counting down the # of miles till empty.

What display is that called?"???

So 65 is a hypermiler huh. Well i want this 70+ everyone is talking about. It was funny, that on the way home, my buddy driving the rental SUV, had to stop and fill up twice, while the little insight was quietly parked over to the side!!

OH and i was crusing aout 72 mph and this hummer was doing around 65 or so and I went to pass him and he started to speed up, I dropped a couple gears, floored it, and didn't see him again.

Nice to know the power is there if i need it!

JJ

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
70+ is posible but requires some effort and experience. I did a round trip to Montreal and back on Friday. 417 miles. I averaged 74.9 MPG. The trip included some driving over 70 MPH and I was stuck in Montreal traffic for over an hour! Of course I compare my mileage to the 100+ that I see from Xcel and Rick. Everyone has their special techniques. I think the main thing is to enjoy the car, but I like to promote automotive efficiency and meet with other Insighters too. It's the best car I've owned by far.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Re: Other Display

kentuckyheavensent said:
Okay, wasn't for sure if that was the lifetime mpg or not. So what is the other display that as the small arrows that look like <-------> and then to the left of that a MPG readout and then to the right of that it looks like its counting down the # of miles till empty.
What display is that called?"???
Check here for details:

http://www.insightcentral.net/encyclopedia/eninstruments.html

While it's small (too small, in my opinion) the instantaneous mpg bar indicator is the most important thing in the car, if you want to maximize your mpg's, mainly for lean-burn indication.

kentuckyheavensent said:
So 65 (mpg) is a hypermiler huh. Well i want this 70+ everyone is talking about. ....
Well that was new to me, too. I didn't know there was an "official" definition, but hey! I guess I'm in!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts