Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm pretty proud of my Insight. :D We are in "twister" season and a very big thunder storm passed through last night, along with hailstones as large as marbles. I ran to my little beauty in the driveway (family laughing at my attire and the big wad of a blankets I was hauling), but by the time I got outside and then covered the car, the hail let up. I checked the paint finish carefully this morning and it looked great. These cars are pretty tough.

Also the storm caused nearby lightning. I had no problems at all starting or driving today. Presumably the Insight electronics are as protected and tough as the rest of it. It's an amazing car.

·
Premium Member
679 Posts
In 1983 I was out in Fort Collins Colorado in an Audi Coupe and hail about as big as grapes made little dimples all over it. Never having had such large hail where I grew up I wondered why people were running around covering up their cars with giant sheets of cardboard. I thought it was pretty funny, until I saw my car the next day. Insurance gave me money, so all I lost was my respect.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts