Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that I have one set of wheels on my car I thought it would be a good time to replace my bad TMPS sensor. Replaced with 4 new OEM TPMS sensors and happily they all worked and will read. But after reprogramming them into the system it won't sync. The system will even display the 4 codes for each wheel but won't sync. Honda thinks I need a new TMPS Control Module, install and programmed for $815. Has anyone had to do anything like this?

-Ryan

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My key question is outside of programming the new control module for the new TPMS sensors is any added vin specific programming needed?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Happy to report a new TPMS control module fixed the trouble and by not having the dealership do the work I saved about $700.

·
Premium Member
9,772 Posts
Was it a simple "plug in" or did the Dealer have to "Program" it?

Willie

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just had to plug it in and calibrate to the wheels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
ski1297 hello sir I have a 2010 insight with a tpms error. I have had new tire sensors installed with out problems but I had a recent air bag recall and replaced. But now I have this error the dealer won't fix it they want money to due so. Can I clear this error myself by resetting the battery? What is a tpms module you talked about in a recent post.
Thank You

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
ski1297 hello sir I have a 2010 insight with a tpms error. I have had new tire sensors installed with out problems but I had a recent air bag recall and replaced. But now I have this error the dealer won't fix it they want money to due so. Can I clear this error myself by resetting the battery? What is a tpms module you talked about in a recent post.
Thank You
Sadly after trying many TPMS control modules and sensors I've had no luck in getting the error to go away. Honda and other quality tuning shops have given it their best but no luck. So I've given up and I'm just going to let that TPMS light shine with pride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts