Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So last night I was driving with the family and the TPMS light came on. It was about 10pm so i waited til this morning to check it out.

When I checked the pressure in all the tires it was in the 31-33 range in all of them. None of the tires appeared low or flattened in any way. So I ran up to the local gas station and used their air tank and only put a small blast in each tire. The light stayed on until i drove after about 5 minutes the TPMS light when off.

Has anyone had any problems with their TPMS or the light coming on prematurely. If it hadn't gone off I would be taking it in for service at the local stealership.

I checked all the tires for any type of puncture, dry rot, nails and they all are clean.

I don't have my owner manual available. I looked on the door panel and it said the tires should be at 33 psi front and back. Does anyone know at what PSI the TPMS light would come on?

·
Registered
264 Posts
You're fine if that's all it's doing. I had a similar incident maybe three weeks after I got my Insight.

I had to go someplace really early in the morning (4 a.m.) and the temp when I parked the previous night was in the upper-70's. This early in the morning it was in the upper-50s, lower-60s. TPMS came on for me and I worriedly pulled into a gas station to find the same thing as you (all tires evenly inflated around 30-33psi, no flats, etc...). I figured it was the significant drop in temperature and so I just inflated each of the tires to around 36psi to be safe. After pulling out of the gas station the warning went away and I haven't seen it since.

Any idea if you had a temperature fluctuation that night?

JP

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Any idea if you had a temperature fluctuation that night?

JP

No, no temperature fluctuations in the Philadelphia area. Only thing i can think of is that the tires are so small on the Insight that slight ambient variations may cause the TPMS to trigger. I don't know, just a thought.

·
Registered
29 Posts
i agree. i know there is a tire pressure thread, but i now keep the tires at 36 all around. it has given me a 3mpg boost. and no warning yet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts