Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Insight Base
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 104K on my 2012 and 2 sensors are dead so going to replace all with new tires but I can not find any link to relearning the new sensors . I have a basic model and found no TPMS in small readout panel.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
None of the insights had individual TPM readings like the fancy cars have. Most tire stores have the device to link the sensors now.

·
Registered
2012 Insight Base
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
None of the insights had individual TPM readings like the fancy cars have. Most tire stores have the device to link the sensors now.
I know but most cars have a reset to reset the desired pressure etc

·
Registered
265 Posts
I know that when installing a new tps sensor you absolutely need to set it. I’m wondering (I did mine with kpro because I have a DC5) you may be able to set it with a blue tooth connected to the ecu via a torque app or something. YouTube most likely would have it listed. Even an older civic tutorial would work. I assuming. But it definitely needs to be set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,229 Posts
If you have a tps light, does that hamper the running of the vehicle?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
It might turn off traction control & affect ABS.
If you are replacing sensors at a tire store, they will be able to link them.
Folks who need to use snow tires and do not want to have to go to a tire store or the dealer twice a year,
can get cloned TPS sensors. That way you can do the change out yourself at home.
If one has a TPS warning light because the pressure is low, once the pressure is adjusted to a normal range,
the TPS light will go out on its own. One must actually drive around for this to happen.
The newer Hondas without individual TPS readings on the dash in the MID* have a different system that does not
have TPS sensors in the tires, but senses rational differences. Those have a TPS reset button to the left of the dash.

*MID refers to the Multi Information Display in the speedo cluster. On upscale vehicles like an Acura, that display will show what the pressure is in each tire. Those can only be reset or programmed at a dealer usually.

·
Registered
2012 Insight Base
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My TCS traction control will not turn on/off so i assume it is inop, but ABS does work so I'm confused on that , this is my first honda car (have M/C) so I am not familiar with the systems. I know GM's, MINI's forward and backwards.

I do have dash command and use it via my iphone .

·
Registered
2012 Insight Base
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just find it hard to believe there is not much info here on the TPMS sensors, as most insights should be approaching 100K miles and 8-10 years old so somebody else should have had batteries in their sensors gone bad. Unless most owners go to the dealer ?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
I think I made it pretty clear that when you get tires mounted with new TPM sensors they will link them to your Insight.
If you do a search, in the Troubleshooting and Problems section there are 453 results.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts