Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have posted about my TPS several times. I repeatedly got a tps code about 14 months ago; I drilled out the screws and installed an accord tps as recommended by several insighters. I adjusted it with a professional scan tool. It was better, but I still got a tps code ever so often. I saw a discussion involving a Standard products tps about 6 weeks ago. I bought one and installed it. The light throttle jerk got worse. Fault code is back. I ordered a used 121k throttle body on eBay; installed it today and my smooth car is back! It drives great again. Even a 121k OE Honda tps is vastly better than a new replacement tps.

·
Linsight Designer
1,899 Posts
Glad to hear you resolved the problem. The G1 TPS data is especially important to the G1 Insight... the ECM really relies on it to provide valid data so it can sip fuel.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! After almost a year of poor performance, I was starting to doubt my commitment to my insight (#3). It is a joy to have my little beast back. I have been an ASE certified tech for 30 years, and no other car has ever been so dependent on the tps signal. MAP and MAF overshadow all others, but not the insight. What was worse, I sold my #2 insight to my son with 200k on the odometer. And it has been a gem for him, flawless performance while my 95k #3 was rife with problems- both cat converters, ongoing tps issues, front O2 sensor,....
But the silver bullet is now just right!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts