Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up my '11 Insight from the dealer in February, didn't have time to post sooner. I took it in for a B123 service. They called me back a couple of hours later to tell me that 1 transmission mount had failed/broke and the other 2 were bent. I told them I had Honda Care (which was expiring soon 120k and I was at 118k) and so they replaced it, sadly they didn't get approval to replace the ones that were bent. They quoted me and then billed Honda Care for ~$500 for the part & service with the part and service being about $250ea. I'm not looking forward to getting the other 2 done whenever they fail. The car doesn't seem to vibrate any more/less than before, we'll see how it handles when the other 2 go.

·
Registered
57 Posts
For anyone out of warranty, I was looking at those mounts today.

The passenger mount looks really easy to change. The driver side mount (transmission) looks like you may need to remove some stuff but not bad. The back mount look OK too.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Subscribing to the thread. I don'the think I got mount issues, but with the jerky engagement of the transmission since new (from auto stop, every time) I expect this unnecessary load will eventually result in a premature transmission mount failure, if not worse. So far so good though, 75k miles...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts