Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

The five speed transmission case recently cracked due, (I think), to a fifth gear synchro problem. I am wondering if anyone is trying to sell a manual trans in any condition? Most of the internals are still okay, and if I can find another bell housing, I would like to swap them over. However, I would also be interested in a used transmission for the right price. Contact me if you have either an extra bell housing or a used trans that I could buy! I am located about an hour outside Philly, PA, but I would be willing to drive for the parts or work out shipping. Thanks!

-Devon

·
Premium Member
1,751 Posts
Scott(KLR3CYL) is very well renown for his transmissions. He does an awesome job and replaces every single bearing in the transmission, as well as the synchro mod to get rid of the 'downshift grind'. I know he sells them for somewhere between 750 and 900 + shipping for the complete, ready to swap in transmission (minus the speedometer gear iirc). Imo it would be a waste to buy another case and swap in your worn parts, when for about 1000 you could have a rebuilt, ready to go trans.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Devon,

I'd be interested in your parts trans, I'm located in south jersey and you can reach me at 8563810243.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts