Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those that haven't been following along, a tree fell on my Insight crushing the roof and hatch about a month ago. If you look in the archives, you can find the pictures that I posted of the damage.

Now for the update. Don Jacobs Honda of Lexington, KY fixed my Insight and did a pretty good job. After I got it back, there were some issues, the main one being that a little bit of water leaked in, but I took it back, they added some more sealant, and now the water leakage problems are solved. The total cost to the insurance company for all of it (new roof, new rear hatch, new passenger side mirror, drivers side door skin, and repaint) was a little over $6,000.

Unfortunately, now I've got a check engine light on, and I notice the engine is shaking a bit more than usual. I tightened the gas cap, but it didn't make any difference. I'm taking it in on saturday to have it looked at. I don't think this is related to the repair work from the tree incident, and suspect it is just bad gas, but we'll see.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Honda didn't supply a roof panel...had to go used

Honda didn't supply the roof panel. They said that the panel was "back ordered," and would be delivered whenever they got around to it, which is why I still think a petition might be in order to let Honda know that we want them to stock parts for our cars that are needed to make them drive.

What ended up happening is, after Honda gave me the back order story, I had them find a junked Insight (without roof damage), cut the roof off, and put it on mine. The funny thing is the salvage yard knew that Honda didn't have new roof panels available for the Insight, and charged $50 over the price of a new one for the used one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts