Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I've done a bit of searching and some of you (and myself currently) keep your amps under the driver or passenger seat. I've also seen the amazing subwoofer/amp installs that go where the spare tire and foam usually goes. My amplifier is an Alpine MRX-V70 90W x 4 + 350 x 1 and fits ok under the passenger seat, but keeps getting kicked when I have passengers in the back.

Has anyone installed a nice compact amp in the trunk, but also kept the spare tire and foam in place? I've seen some of the steps on how to tap the 12v line headed to the battery upfront to power the amp, but didn't find any pictures of how the amp was placed. I hope that an amp would be able to be securely mounted under the foam. Is there enough ventilation back there?

I hope to rewire everything once I purchase a new Pioneer AVIC-8100NEX sometime in the spring and would like to move the amp.

I'm not willing to give up on the spare since I enjoy taking the car on some light duty off-roading and have torn up tires in the 2wd truck I had before the insight.

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
I had cut the center part out of the large black foam horse shoe shape insert and installed a battery box, 2nd battery, 10 farad cap and alpine m450 amp back there in the middle. It fit nicely under the center floor cover.

·
Premium Member
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cobb, you haven't had any heating issues from essentially insulating the amp?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts