Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just hoping that the latest version of the arduino code for the IMA bypass is still available. Any info would be great. THANKS!

·
Super Moderator
4,803 Posts
+1. This car doesn't do lean burn, so I guess I need the correct Arduino code to fix it.

Sam

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i believe Mudder developed and refined this solution for off-road vehicles... Just hoping that the latest code is still to be had for off-road use and experimentation. My last pack cycling only worked for a couple of days, but i may try a deeper discharge session this week. The Gen 1 Insight is such a cool car design, unfortunately it seems the weak point is the battery technology used and its inherent high self-discharge characteristics. Thanks in advance for any advice.

·
Registered
833 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,803 Posts
Wow, Tryingbe, that would be great. I just want to be sure this car's lean burn problem is the Arduino and not something else. I could convert it back to IMA, but loading new code in the Arduino would be a lot less work!

Sam

·
Premium Member
9,876 Posts
Why aren't you guys using the Raspberry Pi?
I forgot, you got to know how to speak Scratch or Python.
(Damn MEDS)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
THANK YOU tryingbe and all others on Insight Central, it would be fantastic to give this a go. Forgive me if i do not respond in a timely manner as i am limited to public wifi access -usually at the Public Library.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you tryingbe! Great schematic. Just starting to round up the Arduino, harness, etc...and one more attempt at a pack cycling later this week.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Sry for the noob post but the link for the arduino code. Have my uno, have another harness to modify just needing code.
Thanks in advance.
You'll have to move one wire and add a wire.

You might want to cut the white/green wire for maximum 12v battery charging for maximizing the 12v battery life.

I'll be working to consolidate the original IMA code, new code, and its variation of diagrams next week.

https://www.insightcentral.net/forums/modifications-technical-issues/113817-how-completely-remove-your-ima-battery-18.html#post1401891

See above.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thank you. Read through the pages and saw various links and atatchments for the code with lots of trial and error.
I just need to keep car drivable while i work on the battery and after battery is somewhat opperational work in lithium conversion. Really not wanting to continually mess with the nimih pack.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
New diagram by Mudder.
Using this wiring diagram, where is the code currently located?
So where is the latest code located as of today?

Edit: Found it
was listed in the first post on this thread

Last updated April 2019.

There is a possibility if it ever gets updated again Mudder may not be able to go back and update the thread.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts