Honda Insight Forum banner

81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Arbus - that clip is exactly what I was thinking of!

Love Mel Brooks movies - so politically incorrect and so funny!?

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
This is my third swap since 2005 and by far the longest and most involved so the expression was indicative of that. Before I'd done simple D to better D series with minimal wiring changes and no mount or extensive mods.

I will need a good tune in fact, Ecky. The base one loaded in Ktuner will not suffice once she is back on the ground for test drives. The only problem is the painstaking conversion I'll have to endure to transfer your Kpro map cell by cell to Ktuner as I had mentioned before. I'm not even certain it can be done due to the differences in resolution, parameters, tables, etc. From what I've seen they can do 95% of the same things but through different ways and formats.

Yours is also tuned on 93, yes? My ultimate goal would be to run 87 (without knock) since it will be a fast daily, not a track car. I won't miss the extra ponies on the street that I'm leaving on the table with high test especially running a 4.3 diff on Accord ratios. My guess is retard the entire timing table a few degrees or just the high load areas?

Mak

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
After an extended absence I thought it was time to give an update. Plenty of progress has been had but documenting it is not my forté. Instead of showing what's been done by others (that I graciously assimilated into my build) I'll post something I've never seen on a Honda. Homemade heat shielding. Using layered aluminum No Trespassing signs (they were out of Beware of Dog), a riveter, fiberglass cloth, a rivnut gun, scissors and a drill plus an embarrassing amount of time later resulted in enough deflection to protect the fuel filter and lines.

Mak

81 - 84 of 84 Posts