Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Last week I've bought a 2010 Insight with 135k km on it. And I absolutely love it! Really smooth and comfortable ride, with kudos to the CVT transmission.

Still, I have two questions I couldn't find in the manual:
1) In the cargo area, on the right, just above the cargo area cover unit, there is a black hump with lines in it. Can anybody tell me what this is for? It looks a little small for a speaker, so maybe a sensor of some sort?

2) Does anyone know what the black rubber mat insite the door handle pocket is called? Mine is missing, and I'd like to replace it...

Thank you in advance!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

That little rubber mat in the front door pull is listed in the UK as...
Part no.: PFKL2024044
Description: MAT, R. FR. PULL POCKET *B157L*
Price: £12.43 (€13.67) ($14.92)

The thing in the back that looks like a speaker grill might be the air intake for the IMA battery cooling fan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.

That little rubber mat in the front door pull is
Part no.: PFKL2024044
Description: MAT, R. FR. PULL POCKET *B157L*
Price: £12.43 (€13.67) ($14.92)

The thing in the back that looks like a speaker grill might be the air intake for the IMA battery cooling fan.
Thanks mate!

I thought it was that part, but in the exploded view schematic, it didn't look like it. Expensive though!

Isn't the grill for the IMA battery next to the left rear seat? I meant in the right upper corner of the cargo area. There's quite a strange looking lump there. It doesn't look like it belongs in there, but I don't know what it is...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi! I bought one as well last weekend and I had the same question. I figured out that it's the parking sensor speaker. I assume that you mean the round black thing mounted on the pillar. Indeed it looks very aftermarket and before reading this topic I thought it was.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
Yup, the black thingy tells the rear right passenger that you are about to back into something.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
It might look aftermarket because it is (was) only offered in limited markets. It was not available, even as a dealer installed option, in North America.

·
Registered
210 Posts
2) Does anyone know what the black rubber mat insite the door handle pocket is called? Mine is missing, and I'd like to replace it...
Take any silicone mat and cut. Can choose any color.:D
Clip on double-sided adhesive tape. Better than waiting for delivery details.:)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts