Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'll have a performance transmission and the IMA set up for performance. I noticed you can get replacement Type R badges from Honda. I was thinking of putting on on the car when it's done but is that a bit over the top when it will probably still be under 90hp?

Registered
2002 Blue 5MT
You have to think in terms of the car's pedigree. This is an all aluminum specialty vehicle built in the legendary Suzuka factory alongside the NSX and S2000. With such a substantial boost to horsepower you would be remiss in omitting the Type R badges.

Registered
Sure. Why not. Some day I will K swap an Insight and I would consider throwing a Type R badge on it. Although the appeal of having a sleeper is nice.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm just sick of being tailgated when I'm already doing 8 over or traffic ahead wont let me and I'm in tbe correct lane being tailgated

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I seriously had an Avalanche that could see over my car easily and could see the traffic in front of us that would repeatedly go like half a car length from my bumper. My little insight can't push the cars out of the way and neither can your brodozer, back up...

Registered
I seriously had an Avalanche that could see over my car easily and could see the traffic in front of us that would repeatedly go like half a car length from my bumper. My little insight can't push the cars out of the way and neither can your brodozer, back up...
Can鈥檛 put push cars out of the way, but can stop runaway SUVs with minimal damage. Case and point:

80 MPH hit from a Honda Pilot. My car was at a stop and full lock on my brakes.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I was amazed how well my insight took a hit from a car at like 50. It was still driving straight but it tweaked it enough that the hatch let in fumes so that did it in.

Registered
2001 M/T Honda Insight
I'm just sick of being tailgated when I'm already doing 8 over or traffic ahead wont let me and I'm in tbe correct lane being tailgated
Yeah, I am too :(. Seems as though most people hate the looks of our little spaceships (probably directly from the rear) and want to display their opinions in such oppressing ways.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts