Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
Is this right???
It hit a concrete barrier at high speed as part of a crash demonstration.

The Insight would have done better!

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
I think it was Top Gear trying to make small cars look bad. I'm not a big fan of the Smart Car, just ugly, I think that improved the looks a little bit?

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Those snub nose vehicles in general the occupants suffer higher g forces in an accident because there is less to cushion from the impact or decrease in acceleration from the front of the vehicle to the occupants.

Long story short, it was summarized a head on accident would expose you to 70gs and detached retinas. :mad:

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Looks like the deer stayed on the outside. There was a photo making the rounds on facebook a few years ago where a fox collided with a bmw. The fox turned into mince meat and the interior of the car was red.

I actually saw a semi hit a deer. It turned into a red cloud like a giant paint ball exploded and the semi reappeared. :evil:

·
Premium Member
9,983 Posts
Everyone in my family has hit an animal at least once and everyone I know where I live. Ive hit a few small 4 legged ones, but nothing had gone over the windshield or through it.

I thought I was going to eat it one night on i295 as a deer was on the right in the 2nd lane I was in the 3rd lane from the right and it was 5 lanes at this point. I remember what they say in nascar to aim for what you want to miss as it will move by time you get there. I swerved to the right at speed and saw the yellow trac/skid light blinking, tires chirpping, deer running to the left as I went right.

Missed him. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts