Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Newbie here, looking for the above. Not bothered about mileage, more about condition. Not on Facebook so I won't see any there. Been looking on AT, eBay etc in the meantime.

Anyone thinking/ mulling over selling, please get in touch. I'm based in Herts but willing to travel pretty much anywhere to secure the right car.

Cheers,
Hedge

·
Administrator
13,793 Posts
It's expensive but they are now rare and sought after in the UK.
The days of a 2-3K bargain are pretty much gone.

Unless a car has had a documented IMA battery replacement then IMO you should treat it as likely going to need one.
A new battery costs 2K from me with a 3 year RTB warranty.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's expensive but they are now rare and sought after in the UK.The days of a 2-3K bargain are pretty much gone. Unless a car has had a documented IMA battery replacement then IMO you should treat it as likely going to need one. A new battery costs 2K from me with a 3 year RTB warranty.
The seller is away on hols but I've had some text shizzle with him. It's almost certainly going to require a new battery, the price of which I shall be factoring into the selling price, if we get that far. And if I am successful then I intend to ask you to supply/fit a replacement battery.

Thanks for the feedback.

Cheers,
Hedge

·
and two dogs
364 Posts
Lovely car. Cars with low miles are super rare and the price reflects that they know it. It will need ALL fluids changing as they will likely be old. Gearbox oil protects the ISB and coolant the rad/head gasket.
The wheels have been powder coated. This could be a bargaining point as not original and would cost money to diamond cut back to OEM and replace the centre caps. Actually the powder coating is practical in our climate so it's a very sensible modification.

Hope that helps and good luck!

Reactions: Hedge

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Lovely car. Cars with low miles are super rare and the price reflects that they know it. It will need ALL fluids changing as they will likely be old. Gearbox oil protects the ISB and coolant the rad/head gasket.
The wheels have been powder coated. This could be a bargaining point as not original and would cost money to diamond cut back to OEM and replace the centre caps. Actually the powder coating is practical in our climate so it's a very sensible modification. Hope that helps and good luck!
Thanks for taking the time to respond. Dude is back on Sat so we’ll see then.

Cheers,

1 - 8 of 8 Posts