Honda Insight Forum banner

41 - 60 of 93 Posts

·
and two dogs
319 Posts
Another price

Mark Dixon has written in this month's Octane magazine (September p171) that 'the price [for replacement battery pack] has now come down and a brand new pack costs about £1740 including VAT.'

I'm confident he'll have checked that carefully, but he doesn't mention fitting.

He also says he discovered a CD multichanger that he didn't know he had, while installing a replacement radio/cassette sourced from eBay for 99p!

·
Administrator
10,596 Posts
Another choice

Just to add confusion my price for a Better Battery is still £2000 all in, inc fitting, 2 year unlimited mileage rtb warranty, breakfast at local cafe, once over on the car, look at my toys in North Yorkshire and a go in the Lithium car etc.

ASFAIK no one has been able to pin Honda down on the warranty for their battery?
Ditto fitting cost?
Definitive answers would be good for a better comparison. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
In summary

Mark Dixon has written in this month's Octane magazine[...]
Thanks for that, Marian & Per!

So, to sum up what we know so far, adding the "parts only" price reported by the dealership (I just spoke to them).

Parts price
  • Jack 9994 reports £1,380+VAT [i.e £1,656 inc VAT].
  • Mark Dixon in Octane magazine reports £1,740 inc VAT.
  • Honda dealership in Derby, confirmed by them after speaking to Honda, reports £1,999 inc VAT.
Price inc fitting and VAT
  • Jack 9994 reports £1,880.
  • Honda dealership at Derby, confirmed by them after speaking to Honda, reports £2,236.60.
So you've had the car for ten years without [battery] trouble and averaged 83.2 MPG - sounds like you know a thing or two - welcome!
Thank you! I was on Insightcentral's owners registry, but it looks like that didn't survive the site's move to a new server.

Does your car carry the VIN# 000004 then?
200004 (it's a UK one, not an import) :cool:

That would make it the earliest car in the UK to my knowledge.:cool:
Woah. If that still applies with the T2 code instead of T0, that's good to know, but it also feels like something of a responsibility. Not to mention, a privilege.

It goes without saying (here, at least) that it's a joy, but that would be true whatever the VIN. :D

Martin.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just to add confusion my price for a Better Battery is still £2000 all in, inc fitting, 2 year unlimited mileage rtb warranty, breakfast at local cafe, once over on the car, look at my toys in North Yorkshire and a go in the Lithium car etc.
You make a very good case, sir. :)

Martin.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Watch this space

Had an interesting exchange of emails with Mark Dixon from Octane. Not next week, but the week after, he's going to have a chat with his source. We should know more by the end of this month.

Martin.

·
and two dogs
319 Posts
200004 (it's a UK one, not an import) :cool:

Woah. If that still applies with the T2 code instead of T0, that's good to know, but it also feels like something of a responsibility. Not to mention, a privilege.

It goes without saying (here, at least) that it's a joy, but that would be true whatever the VIN. :D

Martin.
Well, that's interesting. The knowledgebase suggests that's a German car '(200001- Germany)' but that would make it left-hand drive!

Anybody care to elighten us?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Could have been bought as a RHD car in Germany by a serving member of UK armed forces perhaps, it happens quite a lot.
BTW, my first post on here, I am hoping to be a GEN 1 owner soon, looking at a car this week!!

·
and two dogs
319 Posts
Welcome to the forum and hope you get an Insight soon.

Do let us know how you get on, and post the details of the car you buy. You'll also be asked to update your SIG with location. If you're a UK resident than you'll want to read about the 2012 UK owners day (unless you have already) and get in contact with Peter Perkins (retepsnikrep) who can add you to the UK list and offer to give your car the once-over.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Welcome to the forum and hope you get an Insight soon.

Do let us know how you get on, and post the details of the car you buy. You'll also be asked to update your SIG with location. If you're a UK resident than you'll want to read about the 2012 UK owners day (unless you have already) and get in contact with Peter Perkins (retepsnikrep) who can add you to the UK list and offer to give your car the once-over.
Thanks for that, I'm in the Midlands-UK, hoping to have a look at a car tonight or Saturday. I'll definitely let you all know how it goes.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Battery Pack supply issues

Phoned dealer for a new pack today, the price is £1999 inclusive of tax

According to Honda, supply of new packs is "Under Study" a higher situation of unavailability than backorder status

This is a rare state of affairs from Honda logistics, the last occurence being the Sunami tidal wave which destroyed manufacturing and supply chains

·
Administrator
10,596 Posts
Good job I keep one in stock made with brand new cells then :)

Same price but better warranty 2 year RTB and a day out at the Perkins lair and cafe ;)

·
Registered
821 Posts
Running without pack, novice guide required

I know postings have been made about this topic, many times, but can we have a knowledgebase post or a sticky which is clarifies all thgat a novice needs to do to run an Insight in pack free mode.

I know the BCM is unplugged (all harness connectors) but what exactly are the wiring changes on the junction board?

·
Administrator
10,596 Posts
Malcolm

If you pull all the info together into one post I will sticky it.
There is a lot of info spread about and some from Ron's old site IIRC.

Peter

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Hi Guys

Through my contacts within Honda UK I can get replacement Battery Packs for the price of £1439.28 inclusive of VAT ,if any one wants to order one contact our parts lady Teresa direct on 01305 751789 we are based in Dorchester Dorset

·
Administrator
10,596 Posts
Steve.

To get a fair comparison with my own packs can you confirm.

1) What is the warranty on self fitted & Honda fitted Honda supplied IMA packs?
2) Is this an exchange price?
3) How much is fitting?
4) Are the packs new cells or reconditioned reused?

·
Registered
821 Posts
Packless car sticky / HBR / Junction board mod

Malcolm

If you pull all the info together into one post I will sticky it.
There is a lot of info spread about and some from Ron's old site IIRC.

Peter
I'll do that but need to know the mod to the Junction board to keep DC-DC alive for 12V charging.

The only image I located of the junction board being too small and unclear.

The web site for Hybrid Battery Repair is no more

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Hi

The packs according to my source within Honda are brand new , the warranty is 12 months regardless who fits them, this is for outright purchase so you can keep old pack, for us to fit the pack we would charge £192.00 inc VAT

·
Administrator
10,596 Posts
Thanks for that update Steve it clarifies the position well.

Looks like the current 8ah BB pack I have in stock may be the last then :( as it will not be possible to compete with that £1440 inc vat.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
This is not the usual price Honda are charging, the recomended retail is inc VAT £2400.00 so not sure how long Honda will let me have them for at the discounted figure of £1440.00 so I would not give up on your batteries just yet

41 - 60 of 93 Posts
About this Discussion
92 Replies
30 Participants
Supless
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing