Honda Insight Forum banner

81 - 93 of 93 Posts

·
Premium Member
300 Posts
The trouble with being mechanically minded is that you know how much the aluminium sheet costs and that it takes less than two minutes each to make them.
My mate has a lathe big enough to have a go myself if I get a big enough bit of wood to make a former, BUT....do I want to rip my arm out of it's socket and die a screaming painfully blood spattered death, just to save a few quid.....you have a point. (search YouTube for metal spinning videos for a health and safety scare, noting that some of the background images on the 6 part video are shall we say....interesting!!) The price to get some made will probably only get cheap if a fair number are made, but I will see. If you ignore the larger spinning companies that do Aerospace levels of production quality, and stick to back street companies I may be able to come up with something that does not flatten my wallet, or get my dismemberment featured on the six o clock news!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I think my battery has had it but my local Honda dealer aren't very au fiat with the first G insights? Any suggestions, I'm south London.

MB

·
Administrator
10,596 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Latest price IMA

Just had a quote from Johnsons Honda in Milton Keynes. New IMA battery £1704.14 exc VAT so £2044.97 incl VAT and a fitting charge of 2.2 hours which equates to an extra £211.06. So a Total cost of £2256.03.

Strangely though their diagnostic report was unable to detect any codes indicating a fault - so they were only able to advise on a replacement as an option.

IMA light and Engine light have come on at times but cancelled via removing / replacing fuse and 12V battery contact. Still have assist and charging but sometimes the display reads zero then rapidly rises to the persistent 19 bars - other times it works perfectly normally.

Recently the idle stop/start has failed to start and stalled the car. Generally the car seems to be confused as to whether it has charge or not hence the stalling.

Tempted by the Honda original part only because the current one has lasted the best part of 13 years although they seem to only offer a 1 year warranty as that is standard across all replacement parts.

·
Administrator
10,596 Posts
£256 more than I charge.
Two years less warranty.
Less capacity.
Less capable cells.
No two hours of free advice.
No ride in the Lithium car.
No look at my Insight toys and projects.
Over to you ;)

·
Administrator
10,596 Posts
No, I keep them in stock ready to fit.

I'm spoken for most of october so my availability is very limited in the next month.

I'm available this Monday 30/9 AM and Wed 2/10 PM, that's it until November.

Send me an e-mail so i can send you my service details.
You need to contact me directly at my below e-mail address or via my web site.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks Peter (Sir) for fitting my battery/plug in charger and obd11 gauge on Sunday. Was a good trip and the ride in the lithium insight was cool.

Battery is doing good. Nearly finished the tank I came up on, up to 77mpg from 65 mpg at first quarter now with two bars to go. when I fit proper tyres I should definitely see well over 80mpg. Did a quick fix on the earth straps and got some new ones to fit.

Lean burn LED is very useful and haven't seen battery temps past 25 degrees.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Guys

Through my contacts within Honda UK I can get replacement Battery Packs for the price of £1439.28 inclusive of VAT ,if any one wants to order one contact our parts lady Teresa direct on 01305 751789 we are based in Dorchester Dorset
i just rang up Teresa and she says she doesn't know why her old manager put this up years ago as she cant get anywhere near to this price. its more like £1780ish (something like that)

So looks like it might be a trip to yorkshire!

·
Administrator
10,596 Posts
UK Price

My new packs are now £1999 inc fitting and 3 year rtb warranty.
You also get to see all my other gadgets, and get my advice and review of your car.

My packs are made with the BB cells all the US manufacturer's use. They are brand new with better spec than the oem sticks. I cycle them and match them when building packs.

I do have one second hand BB pack available. it's about two years old. I will give that a one year RTB warranty. Price is £1000 inc fitting.

·
Super Moderator
4,690 Posts
Peter prefers email. You might get a faster reply if you send an email to the address at the bottom of his post.

Sam

·
Registered
6 Posts
Peter. I'm in the market for a new battery. Are you still able to supply?
Also, my Honda dealer has just ripped the sump to pieces and quoted £700 to replace!!!!
Does anybody have a cheaper one?

81 - 93 of 93 Posts
About this Discussion
92 Replies
30 Participants
Supless
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing