Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Well it has been nearly a week since I drove away from Peter's with a smile on my face. I still have one!

There have been no technical issues at all ,if not for the increased performance there would be no way of telling.

I have done about a 150 miles at the end of a 580 mile tankful so changes in the mpg are minimal. The big differences that I have noticed is the increased performance at low throttle inputs, the car is just "friskier" probably 10-15%.Another is in the city or hilly driving (I live on the Pennines) the overall mpg drops slower. It is still very early days and it will be interesting to see results over a tankful of petrol

All in all I am more than satisfied cf. to my 11yr.old battery.

Ian

·
Registered
44 Posts
Another week gone by and I am pleased to say everything is excellent. No problems of any kind.

I have started a new tank doing the journeys I normally do ie. local and drives of 20 miles or so. It is very hilly (on the pennines) and motorway to leeds or sheffield.

Before I had to work hard to get around 61 - 62 mpg. Now it is 70-72 mpg with less effort and faster overall speed. It's subjective but 10-15% faster.

I feel there is room for further improvement of the figures as is but I would love to fit a IMAC&C , as having experienced Peter's the gains would be huge.

Ian

·
Registered
44 Posts
Peter has asked me to give the UK owners an update.

As usual when there is nothing wrong you forget about it. The BB's are great -

no issues or problems at all !

MPG as reported is consistently up 12-15% and the one long journey I have

managed to do I got a personal best of 91.7 mpg. I am not a hypermiing

enthusiast by the way.

If you are needing new batteries BB's are the way to go.

Ian

·
Registered
44 Posts
update

as requested peter,

!st customer installation by Peter over 1 year ago

All good . Everything a constant improvement . I have had a couple of neg

recals .Again , after being stationary for several days . No other issues.

Highly recommend.

Ian

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thankyou for that Peter . As you may well remember mine was the first pack you fitted for a customer and throughout this time it has be perfect . No issues whatsoever.

As for IMA c&c fitting ,sorry about not replying sooner , My back is good now thanks but am off shortly on a 4 k. mile tour around central europe in the Insight so I will be in touch on my return.

Ian

1 - 6 of 6 Posts