Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
and two dogs
342 Posts
Another UK install

I'll back that up with our experience - completely fit and forget. No recalibrations and Assist never yet throttled back due to low SoC.

Peter also took our car round a local test route to give it the once over (and 95 mpg) - valuable help and advice for new owners.

Of course I'm also keen to support anyone building up the necessary expertise to keep the I1 running properly over the next 10 years, so buying a BB is also an investment, IMHO.

·
and two dogs
342 Posts
Us people

Approx 2,250 miles.

With full battery function/assist, the car's ability to drive up 10% grades in third gear continues to amaze. It's quite a magic carpet when you judge it right!

·
and two dogs
342 Posts
No brainer for UK owners

We're well past 2.5k miles with the BetterBattery now and still no recals or assist limiting at all. After a week on Gower we managed to drain the SoC to 32% with a loaded car, but the level usually sits between 45 and 65% the way we drive it - using the assist!

What a great car it is - stable in cross winds over the Severn bridge on Saturday and sailed through its MoT on Tuesday. >70 MPG on a tank 2 up with 2 dogs + a week's luggage in winter.

As a present (!) I've obtained a 'GASOLINE ELECTRIC HYBRID' sticker for the tailgate. Just need to work out where to put it...:confused:

·
and two dogs
342 Posts
Update

Hi Peter.

The battery is still very strong after nearly 8k miles and we're enjoying the extra power of full assist - I saw 80 amps momentarily on the OBDC while accelerating pretty briskly up a local hill climb in second gear. MPG wise there is little improvement but then you're nursing the car when the battery is weak, and our tyres are nothing special. However, at motorway speeds a strong battery allows you to stay in 5th gear all day despite headwinds, hills and spells of brisk overtaking. That's probably worth 5+ MPG over a weak pack.

We do see negative recals from time to time, usually at the start of a journey after the car has been sitting for a week or so. Overall though, the operation - visible and background charging and discharging rates all seem fine, voltages don't fluctuate much etc.

So still a firm recommendation for a non Honda pack.:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.