Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
This is great news Peter as now the gearbox is going back together tonight I'm hopefully very close to getting my car on the road, then I'll see if there are any battery issues.

What's the cost of the new ones?

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
My Better Battery Is In

Firstly I'd like to say thanks to Peter for sorting this out, without owners like him out Insights would slowly be heading to the great scrapyard in the sky.

The whole battery change over took about an hour from time of arrival to engine restart with two of us working on the car.

My initial impprssions on the 250mile drive home were favourable. Crusing at about 70-80mph I was seeing the SOC remain between 3/4 & 2/3 full, the assit seamed for eager (possibly a placebo effect however), the biggest difference I noticed was the fact that I really had to try to deplete the SOC on the new cell. At no time could I get the guage below 50% indicated.

Had to pop out to the local DIY warehouse in the evening, a dual carrigeway run broken by many roundabouts, this is where I have noticed a massive improvement, the car is more eager to assist, but also the battery accepts charge way more readily, as if the internal resistance were lower, (this may be the case, I don't know for fact). A typical journy to the afforemention DIY shop sees the SOC go from full to 50% in one round trip, the the Better Battery it went from 3/4 full to full.

I will report back further after I have driven the car more.

Oh, and I can recommend a trip to Peters, even if it's just to pop to the cafe for a breakfast (I have fallen a little bit in love with the waitress too)

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
Couple more days in & I've noticed that SOC is raraely 100%, 80-85% is the highest I usually see, equally I'm noticing it rarely drops below 60% & whereas I used to get as recal the second I hit traffic, I've not had a single one yet.

·
Premium Member
1,064 Posts
I've suffered at the hands of a few neg recals recently, had about 4 in as many weeks, travelling about 20miles a day in the car. Tried a couple of grid charges to see if that helps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts