Honda Insight Forum banner

UK Honda Insight Owners Day 5th of August 2005

6089 Views 67 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  The Citrus Smoothie
Good news! :D I have corresponded with the Honda Institute and the UK's first Honda Insight Owners Day will take place on Friday 5th August.

I am meeting the guys at Honda in the next couple of weeks to decide on the days programme but it will include some or all of the following:

A tour of the Honda Institute and presentation of what they do
A presentation of the history of Honda and its products
Some Honda product demos
A presentation and demo of the technology behind Insight
An Insight quiz (with a Insight-related prize provided by me)
Hopefully a presentation by the Honda UK Product Development team about the IMAS/Insight 2

I was pleasantly surprised by the enthusiasm of the Honda UK contact:

"Wow! Yes we would love to have the Insight Owners Club visit the Honda Institute. We are always very happy to show off our facilities and to talk about Honda's fantastic technology. What you have requested is right up our street and I would be happy to have a face to face meeting to discuss details. Could you tell me, would they be bringing their vehicles? We have a very large workshop and it would be great to have fleet of Insights on display. The charge for the numbers you have requested would be only £20:00 per head (including lunch) and I can assure you we have experts on the Insight technology and the trip would be very worthwhile for you. I look forward to hearing from you."

As you can see there is a £20 fee, which includes a proper lunch. I am willing to pay this for the first 10 Insight drivers and their co-pilots that sign up, but I would be grateful for any reimbursements on the day! :)

When I have more details on the programme for the day I will let you know. The Honda Institute is in Colnbrook, Slough - just off the M4/M25, near Heathrow. Please post if you have any queries or suggestions and also to confirm that you and your Insight can attend.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
UK Honda Insight Owners Day

Amendment to last.........Yes I will be bringing my Citrus Yellow Insight but my Wife won't come as co-pilot as She has never liked the car (but loves the economy) even though it was a gift from me. I'll bring a garage friend of mine as He is eager to see the Honda Institute.

I am curious as to your web-site of "http://www.dft.gov.uk" what's the link?

· Registered
17 Posts
Would it be unwelcome suggestion to suggets the invitation were extended to other Insight groups. As the UK Insight ownership is limited it might swell the numbers................

Paul

· Registered
17 Posts
It was a good day at the Honda center and I enjoyed it very much. I additionally learnt some useful tit-bits of information, but more importantly met some like minded people. Many thanks Christian, you did well..........

Looking forward to receiving some of the additional Insight technical information. If any cost is involved I will be more than happy to compensate etc.

Most importantly we should all try to keep in touch as both we and our cars are very rare breeds.

All the best and thanks again to Christian for planning todays event.....

· Registered
17 Posts
I hope the finances for the Honda visit balanced out for you Christian. You should let us know if you are out of pocket so we can makes ammends.

As there was some interest in the diagnostic system we saw at the Honda Training Center, should any of Friday's fellow Insight owners wish to borrow my OBDII sytem (with CD) for a few days (sorry UK only except "Windmill") then I'm sure we can arrange something. You will need a laptop ideally with a free COM port, but if you only have USB I can include a USB to RS232C adaptor lead.

You will be able to take the car for a drive with the system running and then on return play back and view the signals from any of the pre-selected sensors and identify any problems or just better understand some of the Insights secrets. You can additionally reset any error codes as required as well as plot Torque and BHP curves and 0-60 / standing 1/4 mile times.

Paul Rogers

· Registered
17 Posts
I went to the Tokyo Motor Show some years ago..............best show I ever went to.............I must say I'm very tempted to go again. Even my wife who has until now shown little interest in the gift I bought for her two birthdays ago (Citrus Yellow Insight), now is interested and wants to go with me. What have you started JACK9994???

Paul Rogers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.