Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
They'll be the headlight levelers and the rear fog light.

Looks like a nice car, but I don't think starting the bidding at £5k is a good idea - that's round about the book price.

On the subject of low mileage hybrids did anyone see the Independent newspaper on Tuesday? A columnist said the Civic Hybrid handbook warns against leaving the car unused for longer than a month, otherwise the battery can be damaged.

Just found the link:

http://motoring.independent.co.uk/comme ... 194431.ece

- the Honda Civic Hybrid contains this injunction: "Notice: If this vehicle is left unused for over one month the service life of the nickel metal hydride battery will be reduced and the battery may be permanently damaged."

Bit worrying I thought!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Ed writes:Looks like a nice car, but I don't think starting the bidding at £5k is a good idea - that's round about the book price.

Ed I think considering the scarcity of the Insight this is irrelevant,book price is normally reserved for cars with a turn over in the market place and is created by studying dealer/trade info.

Since the Insight has been discontinued it would be to our advantage to keep our asking prices high or we will all suffer a deflated return on our investments.
This should be easy because of the extended warranty and general enviromental awareness of these cars not to mention alloy body all of which are positive selling points.
We need to adopt an attitude that these cars have the potential to be future classics and start right now demanding a price comensurate with this category. We lose otherwise and in a few years other owners will be reaping the monetary benefits.

DGate

·
Registered
58 Posts
Dgate - I completely agree, a couple of friends think the Insight may be future classic, which hopefully would mean 2nd hand prices rising!

The point I was trying but failing to make though is that it seems a bit of a high starting point for an auction, as the general idea is to start low to create a bit of interest in people who think they might net a bargain. The final price then hopefully sails up and up. The last UK Insight on ebay that someone posted here failed to get any bids from a similar starting price.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Also you can just post the car in a local paper at the same time as eBay auction.

I believe in the eBay motors specific situation, you can tell people upfront in the auction ad that you have it listed locally and that the auction may be ended early at any time because of this.

-Shawn

·
Registered
536 Posts
Ed Wrote: - the Honda Civic Hybrid contains this injunction: "Notice: If this vehicle is left unused for over one month the service life of the nickel metal hydride battery will be reduced and the battery may be permanently damaged."

Guess I must have a guardian angel then cause I left my Insight unused for six months over a year ago with no odd results.
Its a 2000 model with 30.000 miles and never gives any problems....of course this sitting may be like a long term smoker and show up at the end of its life..... but hey its already in its seventh year and considering the low miles its done a lot sitting!!

DGate

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Hmmm...the Insight disappeared from eBay before auction end, despite a couple of bids that I saw yesterday. Presumably he had an offer he couldn't refuse?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts