Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Calling all UK Honda Insight Owners! Following the success of the Insight Owners Day in August 2005 we should start thinking about organising a similar event for summer 2006. :)

I would welcome ideas and suggestions of where and what to do this year - and would also welcome votes / comments on the three suggestions below:

1) Keep it simple. Meet up in a beauty spot in England then go for a decent pub lunch. :D

2) A bit more adventurous. Hire the Goodwood circuit to compete against each other in both fastest and most economic laps. My favourite. 8)

3) Going for it. Take a three or four day trip to Germany and meet up with No.166 and Windmill at the Nurburgring circuit for a couple of laps around one of the most challenging tracks in the world. :shock:

What do you reckon?

G

·
0 Posts
Any of them sounds OK to me, or perhaps we could do a kart race or something, I'm a big fan of Buckmore Park in Kent.

They do a 1hr endurance race that looks good fun.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Hi Christian

Goodwood for me! and find a decent hotel nearby where we can stay and have dinner (and a few pints)

Cheers

John

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
We also invite Honda UK and they can bring some HCH II for some competition!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I didn't have an Insight when you organised a trip to Honda Institute, I am definitely up for it this time! I am happy with either suggestion 1 or 2.

Btw, I saw a black Insight on the M23 travelling south from London last week. That was the first Insight I saw on the road, and it was in Black too. Was it anyone of you guys?

Kenneth

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I saw a black Insight parked in my home town a couple of years ago. In all likelihood it is likely to be the same one you saw (probably the only one in the country). Black Insights have er..orange seats. Unfortunately the owner is not on this forum.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Keep me informed of the details. I will try and attend with the rally car.

There should be a feature on it in Motorsport News this next couple of weeks about the rally car.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Funnily enough I was just talking to a friend about getting the Insight on a track, he was taking the mick! The first two sound good, although I’m going to be in New Zealand (Insight in mothballs) for part of the year.

Cheers

Ed

·
Registered
50 Posts
As I mentioned previously.

Motorsport News contacted me last week wanting to do a feature on the Insight which is on page 17 of the current issue.

They have just been on the phone again wanting to run a further more detailed feature in next weeks issue, and have asked about testing the car for a third feature later in the season.

The car is now fitted with some rather fancy AVO fully adjustable dampers with ajustable platform front coil overs rated at 250lb/inch.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It doesn't look like there is much support for options 2 and 3. That's probably a good thing as the first option of keeping it simple would ensure that we could all meet up on a Saturday, when less people will be at work.

So the next step is to identify a suitable beauty spot & pub in the centre of England. I would be grateful for posts suggesting possible locations.

P.S. I saw a Citrus Insight going eastbound on the M25 at Clackets Lane around 3pm today. Anybody here?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'd be up for that, it'd be nice to have a good chat with some fellow Insight freaks. Would somewhere around Birmingham be a good central location? :)

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The Birmingham area would be sensible, although I note you do not suggest any beauty spots... :wink:

·
Registered
34 Posts
UK Insight - Summer 2006 meeting

Dear Christian and UK Insight owners (not forgetting Holland)

I am all for meeting up with you guys this summer and getting to know you all. Especially as I missed the meeting last year.

What dates would you all be thinking of as that could make a big difference to who what when and where.

My suggestion would be to try and get a factory visit to see the new Civic production line at Swindon followed by some water sports( Jet ski Racing), at the nearby Cotswold water park or a track day at Kemble airfield which is near by. This would all hinge around what Honda at Swindon could offer and if the factory is operating at the weekend.

Alternativly I always enjoy going to the Heritage Motar Museum at Gaydon, despite it being owned by Ford, or The Donnington park Museum, however that is best done during the week as weekends in the summer there is always racing (Often Motorcycling).

Alternativly if there was a good Eco event or Classic car event in the Midlands, We could all meet up there. The Eco House at Leicester, next to Western Park may have some events, or the Iron Gorge Museum.

If you were thinking of going over to mainland Europe, the Bugatti Museum at Moulhouse is well worth a visit.

I look forward to hearing what you all decide, and hope to see you all in the summer.

Chris Thomas

·
Registered
58 Posts
Or how about an Insight London to Brighton rally. Can those clockwork reliable Japanese cars make it up Ditchling Beacon????? :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Getting up Ditchling Beacon is no problem.

Perhaps we should find a location (like the Splugen pass) with a long downhill route and see if we can set an insignt miles per gallon record. or do like they do at Goodwood and have a down hill event on a famous hill climb venue.

I wonder if Honda would sponsor the event?

Chris Thomas

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I like the London to Brighton rally idea. :)

No chance of Honda sponsoring an event. When the Insight was available for sale they minimised all possible promotion. We had to pay for the use of the Honda Institute last year and I noted on the Honda website that they list the S2000 club visit on their news section but not ours...

Any more ideas? Given the amount of new ideas, I suggest I summarise the best ideas in a couple of weeks for a second vote.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts