Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
12,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Members.

Can anyone with a 2001/2002 Insight from new in UK please contact me asap. I don't want to buy it. I have a warranty issues with my Insight and I want some ammo before I go back to the dealer.

Please correct me if the following is wrong.

I understand all UK Insights are covered by an 80,000 mile 8 year IMA Warranty irrespective of their year, is that correct?

My dealer states Honda UK say this guarantee only applies to 2003 onwards cars!

What do Insight owners in UK have in their Honda Guarantee that came with the cars?

Anyone had an IMA pack change in UK under guarantee?

Please pm me. This is important for all UK owners!

Thanks

Peter

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Many of us in the UK assumed that if Honda offered an 8yr/80,000 mile warranty across the pond then it would be worldwide policy. But as Mark Elvin found out in January it does appear that they only apply this for 2003 or younger Insights in the UK. Even with an extended Hondacare warranty, Mark had trouble. See:

http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/vie ... php?t=3994

What really grates is that Honda are now extending the warranty to 10yrs/150,000 miles in some states in the USA.

Not sure what to suggest. :(

G

·
0 Posts
I did indeed struggle with my battery pack, however, it was replaced.

Honda stated the warranty was on 2003 cars onwards, & that the extended warranty was worded incorrectly as it was supplied by a 3rd party warranty company. The extended warranty did not cover the IMA pack as it was 'worded badly' according to Honda.

I pointed out the 1st paragraph in the document that basically said the document was a legally binding agreement between Honda Cars & the customer, later in the document it states the warranty is covered under the ORIGINAL HONDA WARRANTY for 80K or 8 years.

They tried to tell me it was a mistake, but when the warranty was sold to me by a Honda dealer, it was countersigned by the dealer, they did not have a leg to stand on.

I have a bt of a reputation for getting things sorted if there is a glimmer of hope, however small.

Persistance & know your Onions

·
Administrator
12,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh Bugger.

I don't have the extended warranty on this particular car, I was relying on the 8year/80,000 mile original one :cry:

Anyone have any original guarantee paperwork that came with the car when new? I could do with a look at it.

The car has been Honda serviced throughout it's 63,000 miles. Nice payback Honda!

Help :shock:

G

·
0 Posts
I belive that there was no 80,000 mile warranty on pre 2003 cars in the UK :cry: .

The piece of luck I had is that the warranty document is actually contradictory to this & states no age restrictions.

A mistake on Honda's part apparently.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts