Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was a bit bored yesterday and searched Twitter for 'Honda Insight' and found tweets by Jonny Smith, a TV presenter on Fifth Gear (formerly Channel 5, now Discovery), writing that he bought first generation Insight about 3 weeks ago. You might remember the feature he did on Fifth Gear when he compared the depreciation-free cars of a Smart Roadster, Audi A2 TDI and our Insights. On Twitter he talks about the "charismatic drive" and the fact that his Insight is about to go over 300,000 miles. His Insight has also recently had a replacement IMA battery and gearbox ISB. I wrote to him and suggested he joined the Forum, which would be great if he did.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Would be good to have him on the forum.
My work colleague pointed out he had an insight as we both follow his dragster EV project. I wonder if he will be tempted to modify his insight?

·
Registered
84 Posts

Or get his car for spares soon ;)

What is the highest Insight mileage? I'm at 93k now... We added a A2 to our family today.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Didn't he say in the review "I should get one of these - I might get one of these."?

I was a bit bored yesterday and searched Twitter for 'Honda Insight' and found tweets by Jonny Smith, a TV presenter on Fifth Gear (formerly Channel 5, now Discovery), writing that he bought first generation Insight about 3 weeks ago. You might remember the feature he did on Fifth Gear when he compared the depreciation-free cars of a Smart Roadster, Audi A2 TDI and our Insights. On Twitter he talks about the "charismatic drive" and the fact that his Insight is about to go over 300,000 miles. His Insight has also recently had a replacement IMA battery and gearbox ISB. I wrote to him and suggested he joined the Forum, which would be great if he did.

·
7,259 Posts
There are several Insights over 500k miles.

Our Insight #2 just rolled over 460,000 miles a couple of months ago.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I remember that report, albeit quite short. You could see he had real enthusiasm for it.

Ive just passed 193k :D
A little birdie tells me you may be at Jaguar :) ... I'm at Dunton and I have another 2 here "interested" in getting one... The more Automotive engineers aware of the Insight, the better..

·
Registered
656 Posts
A little birdie tells me you may be at Jaguar :) ... I'm at Dunton and I have another 2 here "interested" in getting one... The more Automotive engineers aware of the Insight, the better..
I am indeed, just crossed 3 years on my current contract! There's me and two others at JLR with them, I came out to a note on my screen about the Insight, I rang him, we had a chat and 3 weeks later Alex, (Albad) had picked up a Citrus one!

Still get people looking oddly at the car as I leave work!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update: Jonny has just posted a picture on Twitter of his Insight at 299,995 miles and he tweeted me the other day to say he would join the Forum when he can post a picture of the odo at 300K. In the meantime if you wish to follow him on Twitter his name is @carpervert (great name!)

Cheers
Christian

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
12,041 Posts
He will have a lot of "catching up" if he tries to follow the Insighters that post here..

·
Registered
79 Posts
I am indeed, just crossed 3 years on my current contract! There's me and two others at JLR with them, I came out to a note on my screen about the Insight, I rang him, we had a chat and 3 weeks later Alex, (Albad) had picked up a Citrus one!

Still get people looking oddly at the car as I leave work!

Is that Gaydon or Coventry? I was at Gaydon HMC yesterday with mine for a Niche Vehicle network event. Gen 1 is deffo a AutoEng geeks car!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Easier to do large distances in the US!
As an old GF said once, "It's not how far you drive, it's the distance that matters." I was tempted to say, "Yes Gracie." :rolleyes:
(As in George Burns and Gracie Allen.)

·
Registered
656 Posts
Is that Gaydon or Coventry? I was at Gaydon HMC yesterday with mine for a Niche Vehicle network event. Gen 1 is deffo a AutoEng geeks car!
Both sites but mainly Whitley, Cov at the mo, I recall when I was thinking of getting an insight I drove past the heritage centre while a Citrus Insight was waiting to pull out!

·
and two dogs
364 Posts
I drove past the heritage centre while a Citrus Insight was waiting to pull out!
Might have been us - we stopped at Gaydon in our Citrus a while ago. Left around closing time.

The very enthusiatic guide let Marian sit in the driver's seat of Her Maj's Rover on condition we didn't tell anybody...

·
Administrator
13,789 Posts
The very enthusiatic guide let Marian sit in the driver's seat of Her Maj's Rover on condition we didn't tell anybody...
LOL I hope no one gets sacked now then!!

·
Registered
12 Posts

Hi there guys, been meaning to join this forum for ages but never got around to it. Yes, the Insight is over 302,000 miles now. Bought it from an ex Honda UK PR and it's had new Honda batts 2 years ago.

It was a demonstrator at some point, as there are faint fade marks on the bonnet from promo graphic decals!

Loving it!

Reactions: Vivila
1 - 20 of 49 Posts