Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer have jut quoted me "about £400-500 sir" for a 72k service.

Does this sound about right?

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Yep, sounds about right although that depends on what is included. Might be worth clarifying / confirming with them what is included and their typical labour / mechanic's hourly charge. With that as a baseline, perhaps ring round different dealers (if possible) and compare. Hourly labour rates can vary and it is that part that normally makes up 75% of the bill...HTH

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yup, thats about right, I had the front brake discs skimmed and new pads on top of that and it came to about £550. There were new spark plugs in there too, and they wern't cheap. In fact they had a look at the car the week before to make sure they ordered the correct ones. It was Greenacre Honda in Clitheroe.

Cheers

Chris.

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Mark

Been quoted £260 for 108k service which i think is same as 72k service - i certainly havent paid £400 + for a basic service. They have menu priced servicing so should be ablr to give you exact figure.

Regards
John

·
Administrator
12,226 Posts
Do it yourself.

When I first bought my Insight's I had them each serviced once by the local Honda dealer as they were under an extended warranty. Cost was about £250.00 each.

However now having learned so much about them from experts on here and my own tinkering, I am happy to do it myself. (I do have a big workshop with a pit so that helps) I also have a good relationship with my local Honda dealer parts guy, I tell him the part numbers and generally stuff is in stock the next day.

The routine servicing is not rocket science, and should be possible on your drive on a nice day with ramps/axle stands.

Although I have no reason to suspect the local dealer is not competent to carry out the bigger services, I can take the time to do it properly, several days if necessary. :)

Plus you get the satisfaction of your own work and money saved. When I had a real good look under one of my cars there were several problems with the underbody covers. i.e. seized nuts and bolts, missing bolts, covers damaged by cutting the plastic round seized bolts :shock:

The car had a full Honda service history and demonstrated they had bodged it in the past. :( It took me several hours to repair the under engine panel mess :cry:

You are also likely to notice impending problems which helps.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts