Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,332 Posts
:roll: Those replies certainly ran the gamut of emotions and opinions.

Recently I told one fellow about achieving 110 miles per gallon (imperial) on my 50 mile run into town. He told me that a friend of his had a luxurious Mercedes with a 3 cylinder Diesel engine that cost 35,000 dollars and got 150 miles to the gallon! :shock: I said I hadn't heard about it, but then finally realised that he was talking about a Smart Fortwo!

OK, I suppose that beauty and luxury are rellative. Perhaps I should find a mercedes symbol for the front of my Insight.

Progress makes some folk really feel threatened. You know what you've got. The rest don't know what they are missing.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
It's interesting that people go on about costs & payback time, as that were the only reason anyone would buy an Insight. They never seem to run those calculations for the car they're driving.

Then there are the ones like the chap who remarked that the Insight "costs whooping £17,000..." I don't know British new car prices, but what with your VAT and all, I doubt they're much cheaper than similar models in the US. Here a new Insight costs what, about 1/2 to 2/3 the price of the AVERAGE new car?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts