Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if it's possible for a 2000 registered Insight owner to apply for exemption from the new ULEZ charge in central London. It's based on Euro 4. If you go to the TFL site and enter a known Insight 51 plate then it is exempt - based on it's emissions - but my X reg isn't. My V5C form doesn't list CO2, CO, HC, NOX etc specifications so I can't send that in as proof which was the advice that has been suggested.

Is a 51 model different in any way that might reflect this or is it just due to when my Insight was first registered? Are these official emission figures on later V5C forms ?

It's a 24 hour charge from midnight to midnight everyday of the year and we don't drive in that much but if we go to an evening concert that overruns and we don't get out of the zone by midnight that counts as two days - £25 !

·
Administrator
10,698 Posts
First registered date = :(

March 2001 or thereabout is the magic date.

If it doesn't say 80g/km or whatever on your reg document your doomed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thought as much - so much for it being based on emissions - as of next year that means having to park 9 miles from the centre and catching multiple trains if coming from the west.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
From Honda

So ULEZ advised me to contact Honda and get a letter detailing the actual figures and send that in with a copy of the V5C
So far Honda have sent me:
CO < 0,1790 > g/km
HC < 0,0840 > g/km
NOx < 0,0320 > g/km
They list it as Euro 3- satisfying when it was registered but the figures appear to satisfy Euro 4 and 5. - maybe there's hope !
I've asked for the CO2 to be included in the letter - that 80g/km magic number

·
Administrator
10,698 Posts
If you do get a letter or anything official from Honda please copy and post it so all other UK owners can use this sensible exemption.

Please also include details of who you have been speaking with at Honda UK etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Honda letter

So I've been dealing with Honda UK Customer Contact Centre on 0345 200 8000 and talking to Ivona Petrova at Honda Customer Service.

I'm expecting a letter which is apparently a standard format that has the CO HC and NOx figures. I don't know yet if it includes specific reference to my registration but it typically doesn't include the CO2 figures.

I've been sent these separately

Urban conditions CO2 < 97 > g/km

Extra-urban conditions CO2 < 70 > g/km

Combined CO2 < 80 > g/km

I'm not expecting this will help change the road tax for a 2000 model but maybe it will get past the ULEZ charge. Maybe congestion charge too - although I'm not normally travelling to / through London when it applies.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
X reg and no ULEZ charge

So....

I contacted Honda who supplied me with the official figures in a personalised letter.
Then on the ULEZ section of the Transport for London site you register your details and car reg.
Apply online through the same section to claim a discount by submitting a copy of the Honda letter, your V5C and four photographs ( Front, Side, Rear and interior ) of your car.

I've just received notification that the specifications meet the ULEZ standard so the car is exempt. ( I still would have to pay congestion charge - but typically only visit at the weekends or evenings so manage to avoid that )

·
Administrator
10,698 Posts
Can you please post a photo/scan of the letter 'with your details redacted' so we can see what format it takes etc
and can show Honda when the next person applies and they say no chance etc etc.

It might also be useful for applying for things like the French Air Quality thing when travelling abroad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts