Honda Insight Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Insight, manual, gray
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any comments how to turn this warning/reminder light off? Honda can't even do it. Someone suggested replacing the "oil sending unit" thinking it may be faulty.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
1. Press and hold the trip button until the end of step 5.
2. Turn the ignition key to the "on" position.
3. Wait for the "maintenance required" light to turn off (about 10 seconds).
4. Turn the ignition key to the "lock" position.
5. Turn the ignition key back to the "on" position.

Taking 10 seconds to use the search function found the information.

·
Super Moderator
5,508 Posts
How are you trying to do it? The instructions are in the owner’s manual. If your trip buttons don’t work you can’t reset it. It’s a simple procedure that has nothing to do with the oil sensing unit.

·
Super Moderator
5,508 Posts
Scott can supply you with replacement buttons and there is a video on how to replace them.
Sam

Reactions: ckimball952

·
Premium Member
2001 5S "Turbo"
11,990 Posts
Black tape is sometimes your friend.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
@eq1 Mine was flaky for about a year before it finally gave out.

You can try pushing down on the button at different angles. See if you can find a sweet spot where it will switch between trips A/B & odometer. Then use the same sweet spot to reset the light.

It used to take me about 5 to 10 tries to get it. Eventually my sweet spot gave out and I had to replace the switch.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I managed by hitting the button about 1000 times. No exaggeration. It made the contacts cleaner I guess and I was able to reset the light. The trick is to press the button over and over until your setting changes. At that point, you have some electrical connection and you may be able to reset the light. Your finger will be tired.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts