Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a home made accessory that we use in both of our generation one Insights. The Corgi hauler comes complete with its removeable white heat shield [shown removed].

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
But why?

Our toy poodle loves running around the back deck looking out the windows.....
Because your beloved dog can become a dangerous projectile in a crash. Keep your dogs safe!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Pretty sure your dog will still be a projectile, just inside of that box. And maybe it'll be a square projectile after it squeezes out of that window hole.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Pretty sure your dog will still be a projectile, just inside of that box. And maybe it'll be a square projectile after it squeezes out of that window hole.
I prefer a variocage, myself.

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Cute!

My dog runs loose back there, but she's too big to put in anything like that anyway. Her shoulders just clear the roof bar in front of the hatch and she has short legs.

Got to turn pretty much all the air from the vents back there on a hot day though, otherwise that horizontal glass is brutal.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
My dog insists on sitting in my lap regardless of how much room she has in the back. She's somewhat of a pest to take on long trips for that reason.

Older pic before seat change, of how skeptical she is about the car:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Wow, that rear area is really nicely finished! I've often wondered how neat the rear could be made to look if one removed the IMA battery & electronics and wanted to reclaim the space. Very nice!

Only bad thing is this feeds into my delusions of an Insight-as-camper for sleeping in...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
mikec1701
Honda Insight Forum
We’re the ultimate Honda Insight forum to talk about Honda’s hybrid car and its fuel economy and specs!
Full Forum Listing