Honda Insight Forum banner

Unusual assist behavior

1K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Holicow 
#1 ·
howdy,

I had been "grounded" for the last month, and the Insight was not driven. I did let it idle for a little while a couple of times, like when I had to back it out to check the rear tire pressure :roll: .

Well, I drove it today on the usual commute and the assist was not assisting as usual. SOC was the usual 19 bars. It started normally, and the engine ran normally.

A few times, I would get almost full assist, but only very briefly. I would decline to 0 with throttle fully open (held open, no change in position). The rest of the time (hills), it would give no more than 6 bars of assist which would also go away after about 3-5 seconds.

SOC never changed, with charging or (brief) assist.

Charging (regen, and coasting) seemed normal.

From the recals I used to get, it acted like it was in force charge phase, with just enough SOC to give brief assist.

I did a MCM reset (first time) this evening, and it now seems normal.

Weird.

See less See more
#3 ·
Well, it has been acting competely normally since that episode. I'll just chalk it up to more experience.

By the way, doing all the resets (MCM, and idle-speed) seems to have made the "lean-burn-transition hiccup" (otherwise know as the "herky-jerky") that was creeping back disappear.

Don't worry, I carry on complete conversations with myself all the time. And with tools.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.