Honda Insight Forum banner

Unusual assist behavior

1K views 2 replies 1 participant last post by  Holicow 
#1 ·
howdy,

I had been "grounded" for the last month, and the Insight was not driven. I did let it idle for a little while a couple of times, like when I had to back it out to check the rear tire pressure :roll: .

Well, I drove it today on the usual commute and the assist was not assisting as usual. SOC was the usual 19 bars. It started normally, and the engine ran normally.

A few times, I would get almost full assist, but only very briefly. I would decline to 0 with throttle fully open (held open, no change in position). The rest of the time (hills), it would give no more than 6 bars of assist which would also go away after about 3-5 seconds.

SOC never changed, with charging or (brief) assist.

Charging (regen, and coasting) seemed normal.

From the recals I used to get, it acted like it was in force charge phase, with just enough SOC to give brief assist.

I did a MCM reset (first time) this evening, and it now seems normal.

Weird.

See less See more
Discussion starter · #2 ·
Anyone experienced this also?

It was as if the battery was empty, but the SOC gauge did not get the message, even though it could not give assist. And there was no indication to force charging as a result.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Well, it has been acting competely normally since that episode. I'll just chalk it up to more experience.

By the way, doing all the resets (MCM, and idle-speed) seems to have made the "lean-burn-transition hiccup" (otherwise know as the "herky-jerky") that was creeping back disappear.

Don't worry, I carry on complete conversations with myself all the time. And with tools.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.