Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks for all the feedback. I found a set of Civic HX wheels that should work well for winter. Now I just need to find a local distributor for the Nokian RSI's that I want and I'll be ready for winter! *** :shock:

I'm looking for a set of wheels for my Insight so I can use the factory wheels for my winter tires.

Any idea if a 4x100 pattern 14" wheel from a 98 Acura Integra GS would have any fitment problems? I'm guessing it would fit.

In case you're wondering, my theory is to use the slightly heavier and more open design Acura wheels in the summer with oem Bridgestones.

Since I'm going to take a mileage hit in the winter with Blizzaks anyway, I figured I'd go with the lighter oem wheels. The closed design should also help reduce snow and ice in the wheels, a problem I encountered on my Audi fairly often.

TIA
:)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
yes they will fit.
Any 4x100 14" Honda or Acura rim will fit.
I suggest using the Insight rims in the summer because they are extremely expensive to replace and rare to find used. Winter salt will corrode the rims over the years so it's better to use cheaper used rims with winter tires.

·
Registered
476 Posts
These would look nice

I almost got those, but I like the curves. 8)

·
Registered
1,123 Posts

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Is there anywhere to find wheel weights? Because I've been looking for wheels for my electric Saturn and I'm having a heck of a time finding wheel weights. Those Kosei's might look good on it though!

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
99% of rims are made for looks and cheap brute strength though massive use of aluminum.
Only a few rim manufacturers make strong and lightweight rims for competition use, and even fewer are reasonably priced.
Kosei, Konig Heliums, Rotas, Team Dynamics, Volk, Rays etc...

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Thanks, that's what I had figured. I did find the wheel weights for Volk and Rays wheels from some information I picked up at the SEMA show last year. Wasn't really aware of the other manufacturers, but I have looked at the Konig Helium's.

With the Saturn there is deffinitely going to be a lot to gain from a lighter wheel. It has no regenerative braking and an electric motor with almost no resistance to moving (maybe the friction of the brushes?) plus throw the flywheel in there as rotating stock it would probably take miles to coast down from 40mph. After I get the car painted I'll start looking more at wheels and let you know which I get.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Rick, Tirerack.com has wheel weights.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Thanks guys, just an update. I just ordered a set of Koesi K1 15" wheels for my Saturn EV.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts