Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

I am looking to change out the head unit and wanted to see what aftermarket head units people recommend. I am looking for one that will let me install more than one camera.

Any hard lessons learned from do it yourselfers? Been many years since I changed out a stereo in my previous cars!

Car Details: 2011 Insight EX w/o NAVI, 62K miles.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I don’t have specific head unit suggestions, but if you are planning to dyi, reading this thread down in the mod section might help:

http://www.insightcentral.net/forums/modifications-technical-discussions/16955-diy-how-remove-stock-radio.html

There is another thread, many pages in that section, that discusses the dash piece you have to buy to install a new head unit. The gist is that the Aftermarket ones are matte black, but the one that factory NAV unit mounted in is gloss, fits any double din unit and is not very expensive.

I would suggest looking at the Crutchfield site for units that will do what you want. While they can be the most expensive, they do provide wiring adapters that I strongly suggest you use. Don’t mess with the electronics in any modern car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many Thanks for the advice! Yeah, the crutchfield site is good especially with the adapter plates and harnesses they provide. After surfing the site a bit, think I'll go with the Pearl realvision back up camera. No wires and I get all the features I want in the upgrade without advertising to the car stereo jackers that still exist today. Love that its solar powered. Main reason going this route is most if not all the head units I say didnt offer Hawaii in the GPS Navi! Oh well, google maps works for me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts