Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,

about 3 months ago, i bought a used 2004 automatic insight with 17,000 miles on it. i haven't driven it much at all since i got it because i was trying to sell my other car.

i finally got the insight registered and insured today and went to turn it on. not surprisingly, the battery was dead as i hadn't driven it in about a month. i jump-started the insight and proceeded to drive for about a half an hour and the battery was fully charged (there is about half a tank of gas left). at first, the car's cd player wouldn't work because of some security feature, but i fixed it and it proceeded to work fine. i turned the car off after i got to where i wanted to go, and realized i had forgotten something and needed to drive back.

the car wouldn't start at all, there are no engine ticks, the light for the lock/security feature isn't flashing; basically nothing is turning on.

what should i do?? i am panicking!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
the best way to test it is to let it get fully charged overnight from a good charger, and then get it load tested.

i replaced mine with an optima yellow-top 51R. it dropped right in after i removed the old battery spacer. the hold-down even fit perfectly!

·
Premium Member
4,942 Posts
midwestrut said:
are the 12Vs expensive?
Still reads like delayed panic stress syndrome. ;)

It's a 12v battery, just like what is used in a conventional car. Seems like its too late for you to panic since your "stuck" with your Insight now. Spend some time reading the IC encyclopedia and other help sections on the site, then dig in reading here in the forums.

Slowly but steadily you'll be able to completely replace panic with understanding. And we here in the forums will be able to rest easier with you. :)

Sincerely,

·
Registered
133 Posts
how exactly do i test it?
This reply may be late, but most auto parts stores have a battery tester and will do it for free. You would need to remove the 12V battery and bring it into the store. They do this because they want to sell you a new battery.

Just testing the voltage is not reliable, you need to do a load test. This is what the battery tester does.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts