Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HI Guys! I'm a new owner of the 2010 Honda Insight EX and really loving it so far. I have some questions:

1. The USB connection, can you make iphone 4 calls thru it? I always get the message that the Iphone is not optimized for the device. Any tips on how to get this to work?

2. I'm looking at getting black wheels for it, any suggestions on good websites that offer black wheels?

3. Steering wheel cover and floor mats? any suggestions on what and where to buy?

4. Also car tint options? I live in California? Or shades for the trunk window?

Thanks for all your input!

·
Registered
625 Posts
You can't make calls with it unless you have the navigation system. As for floormats, I suggest getting the all weather ones off ebay.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just purchased factory floor mats for front and back for $75.00 on Ebay. They are pretty nice, embroidered Insight on both front mats.

·
Registered
38 Posts
1.) I'm pretty sure the USB connection is just for playing music or ...just...charging a usb device. Want to make calls? Hook it up to the bluetooth (ex w/ NAVI).

2.) No idea...I'm perfectly fine with the stock rims.

3.) the weathertech "digital fit" floormats were the best investment (along with the cargo cover) that I've purchased for mine.

WeatherTech Automotive Accessories - Car Mats, Floor Mats, Cargo Liners, Side Window Deflectors and More.

My car came with the all-season ones, but the rubber is tough to clean, and after a while, they started to show signs of wear. Also, I would find that debris would get underneath them, which is why I went with the "digital fit" floor mats, as they conform to the side walls of the floor so its basically like having a bucket there. Cleaning is a lot easier with these too.

4.) I would recommend getting tinted asap. Yea, I know you just spent a bunch of money when you signed for your car, but get it done...I wish I had. I have had my car for just over a year now and haven't gotten them tinted, mostly because I haven't been able to get stupid water stains off my window from the first time I gave it a wash (wish I had taken it to a car wash that doesn't have terrible water like the hard water coming i have here)... Once I get them cleaned really well, I'm going to try to get tinting done. Not only does it make the I2 look really good, it'll save your cabin a few degrees while it bakes in the sun.

There's a cargo cover available from honda that will cover the trunk area.
Honda Cargo Cover (Insight) - Bernardi Honda Parts and Accessories
Not sure if this is what you mean, but I have one and it fits and works great.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for all your responses.

1. I figured the USB is really just for playing music so right now I don't really have use for it. Anyways I got a bluetooth called liquidaux which plugs in to the aux so I can use my Iphone wirelessly.
2. As for the wheels, I guess I'm going to stick with what I have right now
3. I'm really leaning onto getting the honda insight branded all weather floor mats off ebay. Capnskins the weathertech floor mats are really really nice but they're off my price range.
4. And yeah I'm definitely looking on getting it tinted too as soon as I can.

Again thanks for all your help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts