Honda Insight Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've seen this similar issue on various threads and there doesn't seem to be a single resolution. I use a USB thumb drive to play music out of the USB in the center console. I pulled the USB stick out once while a track was playing not thinking the car had to be off first. Now, any thumb stick I plug in displays <no data>, but it will then display the last song played when I pulled the stick!

My guess is I have to reset the USB memory somehow but I wasn't sure if I could do that on my own before going to a dealer. Thanks in advance for any advice on this!

·
Registered
11 Posts
You could try disconnecting the 12 volt battery. That should reset the radio.

You would need the radio code, but you can get that by going to a Honda web site and providing them your VIN and 'device serial number'. Here is the link if anyone needs that. Not sure if this is already in the maintenance section, but it could be added since it is pretty handy. You just fill in the info and submit and they email you a list of 5-10 possible codes. For some reason I had to try several and then one worked..

https://radio-navicode.honda.com/

·
Registered
11 Posts
And here is how to find the radio serial code. It only works if the radio is asking for the code...

Turn the vehicle's key to the "on" position. (Radio should be off)
Press the preset buttons 1 and 6 at the same time.
Turn on the radio.
A 10 digit serial number will appear on the radio display, (if stereo was locked up at the time).
There will be 10 characters in the radio serial #.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Or if you would rather hunt for and pull a fuse or two - The repair manual says it is the No. 1 (15amp) fuse found in the 'under dash fuse / relay box'. It also refers to the No. 14 (7.5 amp) fuse in the same location. Looks to me like the No. 14 fuse only applies if you have Navigation. If not it would just be the No 1 fuse.

·
Registered
11 Posts
If that doesn't do it, there is a troubleshooting section on this problem in the service manual that you can download on this site. Looks to me like the section that applies to your problem (if you do not have navigation) is on pages 23-99 through 23-103.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts